Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ice Matters

I've never ice skated before. I've always wanted to ice skate on the Carolina Circle Mall Ice Rink. However, I have roller skated at SkateLand in 5th grade once. Of course, I fell more than I did tricks.

From what I've heard, the ice rink area of Carolina Circle Mall (Same location as the carousel/food court) included a few scattered tables and chairs. The Chic Fil' A was there, an Annabelle's was overlooking the ice rink, and a Hardee's was across from the area. The ice rink was located at the back of the future food court (toward's Future Monk's & Future Deli). The video arcade was in 2 different locations. It moved across the food court once the carousel moved in. I think there might have been an ice rink gift shop, but I don't know.

I've always said that the carousel Carolina Circle was better than the ice rink Carolina Circle, but maybe it wasn't. The reason I like the carousel version so much was because that carousel was a big thing for me. If it wasn't for that rotating horse simulator, I wouldn't like Carolina Circle as much. But in order for me to like ice rink version the best, I'd have to skate on it. But until I get a hold of a flux capacitor to send me back to the 70's or 80's, I'll have to settle for word of mouth.

If anyone has a picture of the ice rink, send it to me and I'll post it here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get your hands on a flux capacitor, please let me know.

Livemalls said...

I wish I had a picture of the ice rink, I'd give it to you. It was awesome.

Anonymous said...

I skated the Ice rink in CCM only once, but it was in pretty bad shape when I did. I think they were about to close not long after I was there. The thing I remember most vividly was that the far side of the rink furthest from the entrance wasn't being kept as cool as it should have been and there was slush and water all over the place. You had to really stay away from that side of the rink unless you wanted to sprain your ankle, fall down, and get soaked. I seem to remember an arcade being very close to the Ice Rink entrance.

Anonymous said...

I remember skating there when I was about 6 years old. I was too young to hardly skate. My ankles were too weak to hold up the skates. I miss the mall. I wish I could see more pictures of the ice rink. I still smell Chick Fil A. Ahh the memories...