Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The New Millennium Carolina Circle Mall



I probably mentioned before about the "Post Apocalyptic Mall of Doom" website that has all of the pictures of Carolina Circle Mall's inside in 2005. Unfortunately, it's suffered the same fate as the mall it's about. If you try and go there, you won't get any pictures of the food court, pink and lime green styling, or the entrances of Belk and Montgomery Ward. Instead you get a nice little 404 error.

However, there is a new web album that follows the same concept. It doesn't include as many pictures as the PAMOD site, but it offers some new views of the mall like the theatre and the inside of Piccadilly Cafeteria.

It is very interesting to look at these pictures. As I mentioned in a previous blog at Road City, I was able to see the inside of the mall from the car. I had my camera, and I could have gotten out and take one last trip to Carolina Circle. But I didn't feel real comfortable with it. It was too dangerous and I didn't want to risk my life. Besides, it probably smelled bad anyway. But I did get 3 good enough pictures.

I was surprised when I looked at those pictures. The mall looked pretty intact besides the vandalism. There didn't appear to be much mold, no peeling wallpaper, and most of the storefront signs looked like they were still new.

Here's the link to that site: The Inside as of 2005

3 comments:

Livemalls said...

Not as good as PAMOD, but it'll do.

Anonymous said...

I saved a couple of photos from PAMOD that I use as computer desktops, but I don't know how cool the owners of PAMOD would be with other sites having the photos.

Billy said...

I saved some PAMOD pictures on my computer the day I found the site. A very wise descision.