Monday, February 18, 2008

Interview with Billy Coore

Back in October 2005, I interviewed myself about my various opinions and memories of Carolina Circle Mall. Well, I thought I would do it again.

Question: What's your earliest memory of Carolina Circle Mall?

Answer: Well, I have so many. I'd say it would be the Carousel. As you know, the Carousel is what turned me onto Carolina Circle Mall in the first place.

Question: Why do you have a blog and website about Carolina Circle Mall?

Answer: Basically, I believe in this simple philosophy. Carolina Circle Mall had a very interesting life that was unfortunately cut short. Because it's already been 6 years since it closed and almost 3 years since it was demolished, I'm trying to prevent the world from forgetting about the mall's greatness and legacy.

Question: What is your opinion on Four Seasons Town Centre?

Answer: Alright, I'm sorry to say that I don't really like it. Ever since I was little, I've never seen anything that makes it distinctive other than three floors.

Question: What made you interested in lost retail?

Answer: I'm not sure what it was. I remember being curious about what places used to be since I was at least 3 or 4. I would always ask my dad things like "What did that building used to be?". It was through those questions that I found out that Carolina Circle Mall used to actually have an Ice Rink. I remember one time when I was about 5 years old, I was eating lunch at Carolina Circle Mall's food court and I kept on looking at the Carousel and trying to find scuff marks on the floor that the Ice Rink left.

Question: When are you going to stop blogging about Carolina Circle Mall?

Answer: When they pry the computer keyboard from my cold dead hands!!! Seriously, I don't see stopping any time soon. I've had Carolina Circle City since 2005 and Home of Carolina Circle Mall since 2007 and sure, they've seen better days. But I am giving it a lot of patience. These two websites will rise and they will thrive sooner or later.

Well, that's all for now. If anyone has any questions you would like to ask me, feel free to ask them. I don't bite... hard.

No comments: