Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Help Wanted

Before I go to bed, I just want to let all of you know that I'm still working on the Biography of Carolina Circle Mall. This July, it'll be two years since I started it. Hey, this takes time folks!

Anyway, I'm going to squeeze a chapter in containing people's memories of the mall ala the Remembering Carolina Circle Mall section of this blog. If anyone would like their memories to be in my book, just let me know.

I'm mainly doing this for school, but who knows if this book could go farther.

2 comments:

Lawrence Berry said...

Breaks my heart to see what happened to this mall. I was the General Manager of the mall owned by the Australians and was there through the completion of the renovation in 1988-89. What a sad thing to see what happened to this regional mall and all the hard work that went into keeping it alive at that time.

Lawrence Berry said...

What a sad thing to see what happened to this shopping center. I was the General Manager of the mall when it was owned by the Australians, and completed the renovation in 1988/89. My heart is saddened to see what has happened since, and all the hard work and time that went into it. For those of you that remember me, I loved the skating rink but was doing what was told by owners. I also was not in favor of doing away with the annual Forth of July fireworks and celebration, and believe that helped for many years keep the center alive. Too bad what has transpired since.