Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Demolition 10 Years Later

Carolina Circle Mall During Demolition 011

Today, June 30, 2015 marks 10 years since demolition began on Carolina Circle Mall. The demolition lasted from June 30-September, 30, 2005.

I still can’t believe that an entire decade has past since the demolition began. I remember riding down US-29 and noticing crews picking away at the mall on June 30, 2005. I had known for several months, since I began my interest in the mall itself that past February, that it was only a matter of time before the mall would be torn down.

So for the next three months, I visited the mall as it was being demolished. I even went as far as making two videos of the demolition on July 1st and August 1st. Both of these videos are on my YouTube channel now and if you’d like to see the photos I took on those two days, I have them all posted at the Carolina Circle Mall Fan Club on Facebook.

I know I’m repeating myself, but I still can’t believe that Carolina Circle Mall has physically been gone for 10 years now. The entire area that the mall was once at is completely different now. 10 years doesn’t seem that long but at the same time, a lot has changed.

No comments: