Saturday, January 24, 2015

Updates for 2015

Seeing that it’s now January 2015 and it’s been several months since I’ve last updated this blog, I figure it’s time to finally get around to updating it.

As you can possibly tell, there hasn’t been much excitement in the world of Carolina Circle Mall lately. No new pictures, no new ads, or new anything really. However, through persistence, I’m confident we’ll find something interesting this coming year. I’m still seeking more photos of the mall’s Carousel and a TV ad for the mall, both of which are HIGHLY sought out by myself.

Carolina Circle Mall Before Demolition 006Perhaps the most amazing thing about this year is that there will be quite a few major anniversaries this year involving Carolina Circle Mall. The most notable anniversary will be June 30th which will mark 10 years since the mall began demolition! I cannot comprehend that it’s been almost 10 years since this happened. In fact, February 21st will be 10 years since my dad drove me down to the abandoned mall to take pictures, which ignited my interest in CCM. The picture on the left is one of the photos I took that day. And to top it all off, September will mark 10 years since this blog first went online! All of these things I find hard to believe happened 10 years ago. The year 2005 still seems so recent to me but yet, it was still an entire decade ago when all of this happened! Alright, enough rambling on about the passage of time. Smile with tongue out

Also, I have begun planning a “Carolina Circle Mall Reunion” to be held somewhere in Greensboro sometime in 2016, which will be the mall’s 40th anniversary. All members of the Carolina Circle Mall Fan Club on Facebook will be invited and this idea is already sparking interest. Obviously, this will take LOTS of planning and I’m not sure how it’ll be pulled off, but I’m confident that if I work with some friends of mine from the Facebook group, this just might happen.

Anyway, welcome to the year 2015 and I want to close by saying that this blog will not be going anywhere. Sure, my posts here aren’t as frequent as they used to be, but this blog still serves as the #1 resource for information and memories of the old Carolina Circle Mall and my nostalgia for the old mall will never die, meaning that this blog will not die either. I will now close with a cool in-store laserdisc that was played at Montgomery Ward in 1993, showing off some cool and retro looking electronics. Back then, I never would have thought that someday, you could use a tiny cellular phone as a camcorder.

No comments: