Friday, May 28, 2010

Comment Moderation Now Enforced

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I have now enabled comment moderation at Carolina Circle City.

For the entire 4 1/2 years of this blog’s existence, I have used word verification to prevent spam. It worked perfectly up until recently. It seems spambots have finally found a way around the word verification, resulting in spam in the comments. I’ve deleted about 5 spam comments the past few days.

Keep in mind that this is no body’s fault. It’s the fault of a machine. I don’t like the comment moderation either, but I have no other choice but to use it to prevent spam.

Comment moderation basically means that when you post a comment, it will not appear on the blog until I read it and approve it. I have it set to send me email notifications, so the time between the time you write the comment and the time I approve it shouldn't be too long. I've rarely had problems with human-created comments, but the spambots are just ridiculous.

No comments: