Friday, January 29, 2010

The Main Carolina Circle Mall Sign

100_2357

That picture is of my best friend Dillon Jones holding up my newest addition to my Carolina Circle Mall collection.

Travis Trotter (Sarge99 on Blogger), who frequently contributes to my websites, gave me this sign this morning at the Office Depot here in Greensboro.

ccmall4alt

This is a picture of where the sign was located. It was actually a part of an even larger sign assembly at the corner of Cone Blvd and Sands Drive (where the IHOP currently is). I drew a rectangle around where my part of the sign was located.

 

The sign is a whopping 12 feet long and 11 inches tall (we had to fold the backseat down in my 1995 Honda Accord to get it in there). It wasn’t easy to find a prominent spot to keep it. But I found a place on the workbench in my office. Hopefully is should stay intact for many many years to come.

Again, thank you Travis for letting me have this piece of history. I have more pictures of the sign up on my Facebook page. I’ll upload a video of it to YouTube sometime this evening.

1 comment:

Livemalls said...

What a great artifact!