Friday, October 03, 2008

Update Finally!

I apologize for the lack of updates here at Carolina Circle City. I've been busy with a lot of personal issues.

Anyway, on to business. Carolina Circle Mall: Memories For a Lifetime at the Central Carolina Fair went fairly well. Unfortunately, it seems to have not added any new traffic to Carolina Circle City or Home of Carolina Circle Mall.

For those who got to see it, I need to tell you something important. You may have noticed that the display won the Participant's Award. This meant that I lost and won nothing. However, the day after the fair ended, my teacher got a phone call from the fair officials saying that there was a mistake. I did not win Participant's Award. Instead, I won Second Place and $70. Pretty big mistake, don't you think?

For those who didn't get to see it, here are some pictures of it. I will upload separate Microsoft Word documents of the info on the boards later today.

This is a full shot of the display at the fair. As you can see, the display consists of two presentation boards, each connected together by the title board.

The board on the left-hand side mostly consists of basic information about the mall including history, pictures, and a special section testing your memory of Carolina Circle Mall.

The board on the right-hand side consists of a selection of the newspaper ad collection and various maps of the mall.

This is me with the display wearing my custom made "Carolina Circle Mall Rocks!" t-shirt. Amazingly, the shirt was made at Four Seasons Mall.




More to come today.

No comments: