Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Picture for Monday, July 21, 2008


This is one of the very first Carolina Circle Mall pictures I ever saw back in 2005, from the also closed Post-Apocalyptic Mall of Doom website.

If my calculations are correct, this picture was most likely taken in January or February of 2005. As you can see, vandals had already left many a mark. However, it is impressive that the mall still seemed to be in fairly good shape at the time, despite the vandalism.

This picture was taken on the first floor facing Montgomery Ward.

1 comment:

David Craine said...

I worked at Montgomery Ward in Carolina Circle Mall from 1978-1982 in the TV/stereo, sporting goods, lawn and garden, and major appliance departments and I have some fond memories of the place and the people I worked with. I'm kinda testing the waters here - I could write a fairly lengthy piece on those memories. I think I have a picture or two from that time. Is there is any interest?