Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Subs & Spuds

A few moments ago, I posted an article about Circle Cafe & Deli, a Food Court restaurant I frequently patronized in the early to mid '90s. This is about its replacement.

Soon after Circle Cafe & Deli closed in early 1995, a new restaurant called Subs & Spuds opened in its place inbetween Gatto Pizza and Monk's Cheesesteaks & Cheeseburgers.

I vividly remember my first visit to Subs & Spuds. I was about 5 years old and I decided to try a "sub". Well I immediately bit into it and soon tasted one of the nastiest things I ever tasted. Sadly, it is Carolina Circle Mall's fault for me not liking mayonaise.

However, I soon discovered they had unbeatable hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches that were very much like the ones Circle Cafe & Deli served.

I am not too sure when Subs & Spuds closed. It was one of the longer lasting Food Court restaurants. It probably closed sometime around 1998.

If anyone has any information about Circle Cafe & Deli and/or Subs & Spuds, please feel free to tell me.

No comments: