Monday, December 04, 2006

My Promise Fullfilled

I told you I would find some new Carolina Circle Mall information, and I did. I went to the library today and found some.

  1. On Saturday, June 4, 1988, the mall held a Health Fair. The ad I found in the microfilm had a diagram of a skethiscope with the Carolina Circle Mall Crescent emblem as the shiny metal part. Seeing that the renovation was completed around the same time, this is probably one of the very first times the crescent was used.
  2. In the early '90s, a group known as the Carolina Mall Walkers would walk through Carolina Circle Mall for excersise. They were sponsered by Greensboro Parks & Recreation, Carolina Circle Mall, and Moses Cone.
  3. For Christmas 1993, Santa Claus arrived at the mall's main entrance via a parachute.
  4. Guilford County Schools had a Science Fair at the mall every spring.
  5. Richard Simmons held some sort of a demonstration at the mall in 1990.
  6. The Muppets visited the mall around 1990.
  7. Circle 6 Theatres closed on Halloween 1996.

More to come, hopefully.

No comments: