I should have done this when I first started this blog, but better late than never.
I'm going to go over the basics about our favorite dead mall. If you want to be an expert like me, start here.
1. Mall opened on Wednesday, August 4, 1976 at 10:00 AM.
2. Ice Rink lasted from 1976 to about 1986.
3. Here are some easy ways to describe the two versions of Carolina Circle Mall:
Version 1.0 (Ice Chalet Era) AKA "The KC & the Sunshine Band" style consited of the Ice Chalet, simple color scheme, brown floors, and dark lighting. It lasted from 1976-1986
Version 2.0 (Carousel Era) AKA "The Pee-Wee's Playhouse" style consited of the carousel, lime green/pink color scheme, tiled floors, and bright lighting. It lasted from 1988-1997.
Version 2.1 (Post Carousel Era) style didn't have the carousel but consisted of the exact same style as Version 2.0. It lasted from 1997-2002.
4. Carousel lasted from 1988-1997.
5. Renovated from 1986-1988.
6. Three anchor stores were Belk, Ivey's/Dillard's, and Montgomery Ward.
I will be updating it later.